IT Finance Business Analyst
San Jose CA USA
The Business Analyst will be responsible for defining business requirements of Harmonic’s financial processes, as well as helping design and implement efficient, effective and scalable systems solutions to support those processes, leveraging industry best practices and standards. This individual will be the key liaison between business users, IT, 3rd party software vendors and any other stakeholders, working closely with all to maintain alignment with business goals and priorities. This individual must have strong subject matter expertise in business financial processes, as well as knowledge of Harmonic’s key systems that support them. Additionally, the individual will be expert at interpreting customer needs and translating them into the application and operational requirements needed by the technical team to build, test and the systems.
- Interview business users, document detailed requirements, process & data flows, use cases, UI mockups, test scenarios and plans, as well as obtain necessary agreements and sign-offs on such documentation.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs, delivering an answer that drives to best practice.
- Work with users and technical team to identify and prioritize opportunities for process improvements including integration with other enterprise systems or 3rd party software as needed, then appropriately developing and managing scope of the initiatives executed to support the improvements.
- Collaborate with developers to establish the technical vision and convey a complete understanding of the requirements, ensuring that they are adequately addressed in the development process.
- Execute test plans in concert with key business stakeholders ensuring completeness and reliability of the solution while partnering with IT in defect resolution/validations during test cycles; obtain final user acceptance sign-offs.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships across multiple functional areas, be capable of creating a team atmosphere while driving necessary deadline commitments and a positive work environment, and be able to effectively communicate project plans and updates to key stakeholders and management.
- Manage and ensure compliance via SOX controls, working closely with IT and internal audit.
- Train and support global finance users, including incident creation & management. Perform troubleshooting, resolving issues where possible, and assisting technical team in understanding reported issues and providing adequate information and research to facilitate bug fixes.
- Assist end users with reporting needs as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting plus 5-8 years of experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice with respect to the following financial processes:
- Revenue Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Project Accounting
- Asset Life Cycle Management
- Travel & Expense Management
- Treasury Management
- Governance, Risk, & Compliance
- Accounting Integration
- Financial Controls & Reporting
- Close & Forecasting
- Experience and deep knowledge of Oracle EBS applications, including GL, AP, AR, FA, CM, Purchasing & ADI as well as Vertex Tax and Hyperion Budgeting Planning.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Oracle Reports, Discoverer, and Essbase. OBIEE and working knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant SOX and US financial regulations, as well as understanding of applicable international financial governance and control requirements.
- Experience in project management, systems implementation processes and software product development lifecycle methodologies and practices; experience with Agile a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; SharePoint experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated business judgment
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills and the ability to interact professionally with and facilitate a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Harmonic is an equal opportunity employer.