Senior Software Development Engineer, Windows Based Client/Server
San Jose, CA USA
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer to work in multiple Windows based Client/Server products which are part of our family of file-based transcoding solutions supporting acquisition and editing of broadcast, web and mobile media formats.
This Sr. Engineer will be involved in:
- Product architecture and software development.
- Researching new technologies and frameworks.
- Working with teams based in San Jose and Hong Kong.
- Required Job Skills
· Proficiency in C#, C++, OOPS, XML Schema
· Should be well versed with data structures and algorithms, memory management, database design and multithreading.
· Experienced in implementation of design patterns and OOD.
· Experienced in software optimization and debugging tools in windows environment.
· Experience with system level performance analysis and optimizations.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills and working with the team.
- Preferred Skills
· Understanding of software development lifecycle and exposure to AGILE practices and development tools like Subversion.
· Knowledge of Audio/Video, client server, redundancy, load balancing and workflows is a plus to the requirements listed below.
· Knowledge of SQL Server and experience of UI design in XAML/WPF or Silverlight would be a plus.
· Knowledge of NoSQL databases like MongoDB would be a plus.
Years of Direct Experience Required: 5-7 Years of Experience
Areas of Direct Experience: Professional development experience in C#, C++, software application development/optimization/debugging in windows environment
MS in CS or CE or equivalent