Senior Director Manufacturing Engineering
San Jose, CA USA
• Define manufacturing strategy for new products. Develop test architecture/strategy and oversee test software/automation development
• Manage a team in support of sustaining engineering activities across a diverse group of products
• Work cross-functionally with engineering, product management and customer support to manage the Product Lifecycle with a goal of developing and launching the highest quality products in the least possible time.
• Work closely with CMs to monitor quality through the manufacturing processes and refine manufacturing processes as well as test suites to enhance overall product quality
• Work with Supply Chain team to identify and qualify new suppliers
• Ensure that sufficient capacity exists to support the needs of the business
• Develop and monitor supplier quality programs
• Manage employees and first-level managers performing activities within multiple manufacturing disciplines, across multiple product lines and across multiple, geographically diverse, contract manufacturing sites
• Develop and execute integrated departmental budgets, plans, policies and procedures and provide input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals and objectives.
• Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
• Interfaces with engineering, management, suppliers, and customers to meet product requirements and customer acceptance.
• Identify, specify, implement and monitor performance of IT infrastructure associated with production test activities
• Manage resources associated with IT systems integration/orchestration to ensure that timely and accurate production/test data is available
• Collaborate with suppliers to identify opportunities for continuous process improvement
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Hardware environment experience essential. .Semi-conductor FAB/SW experience probably not a fit.
• JDM NPI, ODM NPI
• Experience managing an in-house factory a big plus
• The ideal candidate will have a mix of experience across many product types. Video, RF, Optical and Storage experience a plus
• Familiarity with managing a team responsible for full system and FRU level test development
• Should have experience managing multiple CMs in multiple geographies
• Successful track record of building and sustaining technical teams in an operations environment
• Lean, 6 Sigma experience a plus
• 10+ years’ experience in OEM and CM environments
• Direct experience defining, implementing and managing a product lifecycle process is desirable