Product & Solutions: Product Marketing Manager, Broadcast Encoders
San Jose, CA USA
Product Marketing Manager, Broadcast Encoders
This position in the Broadcast Encoder team plays a key role in supporting broadcast encoding products to all organizations within Harmonic.
Primary role is to own and manage Harmonic encoder products through their life cycle, from new product introduction to end of life. Be the primary point of contact to sales, pre-sales and solutions for broadcast encoder products. Manage cross-functional internal stakeholders in field support, pre-sales engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and engineering to drive encoder platform activities.
With mainly an internal focus this role aggregates requirements from various customer facings groups and works with the sales, pre-sales and Marketing solution groups to set strategic and tactical priorities for Harmonic. Responsible for driving on-time delivery of system releases, communication and escalation of risk factors and assessment of operational or performances issues that affect the product line working closely with all relevant internal groups in the organization (e.g. engineering, operations, CRM, program management, training, documentation, and customer support). Key attributes to excel in this position include: proven leadership; outbound and inbound marketing experience backed with successful product launches, technology innovation, ability to quickly grasp and understand customer/market needs and convert them into technical requirements; ability to work across business and technical groups; a strong desire to work in fast-paced technology environment.
Typical Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Create and maintain product roadmaps.
• Drive the PLC process and ensure timely completion of the required milestones owned directly or indirectly by Product Marketing.
• Drive execution of NPI programs
• Work with sales/business development, engineering, QA, manufacturing, technical support, and operations during the entire life cycle of the products
• Manage and prioritize the product requirements and product release schedule in coordination with R&D and other product management groups
• Develop and implement pricing and product positioning strategy and sales guidelines
• Drive development and maintenance of product collaterals (product specifications, datasheet, application notes, white papers, sales and customer presentations and training materials).
• Work continuously with customers, partners, sales, business development, and other stakeholders to collect product requirements.
• Internal and External product messaging/positioning presentations.
• Sales and pre-sales support.
• Research, assess and benchmark video/audio processing home-grown or 3rd party technologies performances and production readiness in coordination with Harmonic’s Advanced Development Engineering group, Algorithm Research group and Advanced System Engineering group.
Skill sets for this position should include, but are not limited to the following:
• Proven track record of product marketing activities for hardware of software based products with a digital video processing technology focus, preferably in the following areas
o MPEG2 and AVC compression
o Audio and VBI processing
o Digital Program Insertion
o Video over IP delivery technologies and architectures
• Strong Market knowledge in the following areas
o Direct Broadcast Satellite, Telco/IPTV, Cable and Broadcast
• Highly proficient in subjective assessment of video and audio quality impairments and artifacts.
• Ability to define and drive technology innovations and set long term strategic direction from proof of concept to product definition and implementation
• Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills, able to communicate on an ongoing basis and flawlessly with multiple parties, geographically collocated or distributed.
• Management skills and experience in handling a complete, compound product line life cycle
• Proactive in identifying customer & product needs
• Ability to analyze complex problems and propose solutions
• Ability to lead and participate on a team to execute product initiatives
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• This position requires significant domestic and international travel.
• Solid technical background and business acumen
• Experience in the local and international market
• Fast learner of complex technologies
• Negotiation and Partner management experience required
• Excellent knowledge of the English language is required
• Self-Driven with strong work ethics
• 5 to 10 years of life cycle product management experience in the Video, broadcast or telecom technology
• 3 to 5 years of engineering, research experience or pre-sales experience in Digital Video Processing solutions including but not limited to Video/Audio compression, statistical multiplexing, multiplexing, scrambling, MPEG over IP, PayTV and Conditional access systems.
• MS in Electronics Engineering required, Telecommunications Engineering, Signal Processing, or equivalent.
• MBA preferred
• US permanent resident status required